Regular dental exams are a crucial part of keeping your teeth and gums healthy. The Lakeview Dental team tracks your dental progress carefully to keep your mouth healthy and prevent the development of serious health issues.
Effective regular dental exams will include:
- Oral Cancer Screening: checking the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for signs of oral cancer
- Diagnostic X-Rays: X-Rays enable the detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss, as well as identifying tooth and root positions.
- Gum Disease Evaluation: The gums and bones around the teeth are checked for signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of Tooth Decay: Your dentist will check your tooth surfaces for signs of decay.
- Examination of Existing Restorations: All current fillings, crowns, etc. will be checked to ensure they do not need to be repaired or replaced.